VWFS Issues day one

Options
First post & looking for advice/help 

2021 I took out my second lease with VWFS & this is where the problem start 

Some 6 months in I get a call from VWFS stating I had made no payments & this was down to garage suppling the wrong bank account details ( I have a copy of this document it's correct ). 

Second already a customer & VWFS have my details 

So I agree to pay more per month although no fault of my own 

I was told ai would get a call months layer to pay in full the back debt or more towards 

This is where it really hurts 

Morning I leave hospital after being told my mother had less than 12/24hrs to live , I go to put fuel in car no money . 

Straight to my bank turns out VWFS have just decided to try take a large amount out my account ( full debt ) no calls no emails nothing .

I call them and they apologise 

9 months later am met with a debt recovery letter through my door 

At no point had there been any calls txts emails, or letters from VWFS about unpaid money

My mother still in hospital still putting up a good fight , I call VWFS. Pay what is due and 6 months ahead which they accept. 

Last thing on my mind is money ect down to my mother .

4 months later my mother passes away after one very long fight and countless times told she's wouldn't last the night but did ( VWFS Aware of my situation). 

I check my bank & see payments coming out every month ( remember I have paid 5 months ahead ). VWFS state I want do that but took my money and held onto it 

This is returned .....

I put a complaint in & now my second,  both times they come back & state they can find no error on there side , even stating that they have left me voicemail on my mobile ( my mobile has and never will have voicemail ) 

Complaint 

No communications from VWFS ether by txt phone or letter,  way I was treated ( no fault if own ) there doing .

The outcome & this is where its really a worry 

VWFS have killed my credit rating ( it was stayed they would resolve this ) & have now revoked on this 

With bad credit this is now put my job at risk down to having to enhanced vetting ( this is classed as being approachable for bribes & a risk , not to mention no credit now ) 

VWFS state they will not reinvestgate and or clear my bad credit brought on by there " own " mistakes & poor communication.  

Where do I go from here , am sick with worry & will never ever use VWFS after 10yrs now 

Comments

• LightFlare
    LightFlare Posts: 577 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 April at 8:16AM
    Options
    First post & looking for advice/help 

2021 I took out my second lease with VWFS & this is where the problem start 

Some 6 months in I get a call from VWFS stating I had made no payments & this was down to garage suppling the wrong bank account details ( I have a copy of this document it's correct ). 

Second already a customer & VWFS have my details 

So I agree to pay more per month although no fault of my own 

I was told ai would get a call months layer to pay in full the back debt or more towards 

This is where it really hurts 

Morning I leave hospital after being told my mother had less than 12/24hrs to live , I go to put fuel in car no money . 

Straight to my bank turns out VWFS have just decided to try take a large amount out my account ( full debt ) no calls no emails nothing .

I call them and they apologise 

9 months later am met with a debt recovery letter through my door 

At no point had there been any calls txts emails, or letters from VWFS about unpaid money

My mother still in hospital still putting up a good fight , I call VWFS. Pay what is due and 6 months ahead which they accept. 

Last thing on my mind is money ect down to my mother .

4 months later my mother passes away after one very long fight and countless times told she's wouldn't last the night but did ( VWFS Aware of my situation). 

I check my bank & see payments coming out every month ( remember I have paid 5 months ahead ). VWFS state I want do that but took my money and held onto it 

This is returned .....

I put a complaint in & now my second,  both times they come back & state they can find no error on there side , even stating that they have left me voicemail on my mobile ( my mobile has and never will have voicemail ) 

Complaint 

No communications from VWFS ether by txt phone or letter,  way I was treated ( no fault if own ) there doing .

The outcome & this is where its really a worry 

VWFS have killed my credit rating ( it was stayed they would resolve this ) & have now revoked on this 

With bad credit this is now put my job at risk down to having to enhanced vetting ( this is classed as being approachable for bribes & a risk , not to mention no credit now ) 

VWFS state they will not reinvestgate and or clear my bad credit brought on by there " own " mistakes & poor communication.  

Where do I go from here , am sick with worry & will never ever use VWFS after 10yrs now 

It could be argued that you should have noticed the money not being taken from your account for 6 months and having done that - ring-fenced it to pay when requested and chased up why

How many payments have you made and have they been increased to cover the shortfall or did they remain as per your finance agreement ?

Did you have the agreement in writing to pay back extra monthly?

Have you at any stage contacted them about the debt or have you expected them to do all the chasing ?

• WellKnownSid
    WellKnownSid Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Firstly, sorry for your loss.  Presumably you are an insider for a regulated / publicly owned business or perhaps you work in defence.

You didn't check your bank account for six months then failed to take immediate action when a serious problem was raised by VWFS who, as far as they were concerned, were simply looking for their money.  Things dragged on and you are now in an awkward financial situation mixed in with personal loss.  Your story is a perfect storm leaving you wide open to a fraudster or foreign power looking to exploit you.

The very first thing you must do is raise this with your employer.  They will have conduct rules, and not raising it up front is a huge red flag.  Sometimes these things can be managed - but your employer will not be able to work with you if you pretend nothing has happened...
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If they have closed the case, and it's not to your satisfaction, then your next step is the financial ombudsman.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback