Query on Ebay offer for my item

Options
I have an item on Ebay just now and have received an offer. I have also had a message from someone else with several transactions in their history and 100% positive feedback score who said they had bid on my item by mistake rather than making an offer and if I will stop the auction to invoice them for their bid plus add on the difference to the invoice to make it up to their offer
( which is in their message). Question:- Will Ebay allow me to do this on an Invoice? I don't know why they don't just make an offer which would be confirmed by Ebay. I hope that all makes sense and someone can advise. I don't have much experience of Ebay and don't want to get ripped off.

Comments

• TimeLord1
    TimeLord1 Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Tell them to go in enter the item number and retract the bid or you can do the same and remove the bid. 
  • TimeLord1
    edited 29 April at 7:55PM
    Options
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/auctions-bidding/retracting-bid?id=4013

It's easy enough to do. Just follow the steps if you want to cancel his bid instead. Block also just in case. 
  • TimeLord1
    Options
    Do nothing to send them any payment or refunds it's their error not yours if someone else outbids them then their bid is replaced. It's also impossible to bid accidentally unless you're drinking. 
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    TimeLord1 said:
    Do nothing to send them any payment or refunds it's their error not yours if someone else outbids them then their bid is replaced. It's also impossible to bid accidentally unless you're drinking. 
    Not entirely true, there are loads of medical conditions and medication messups that impair cognitive functioning to the extent you can do stuff without being fully aware (or aware at all) of what you're doing - but instances when that does happen on eBay are probably rarer than the times bidders/buyers claim it was an accident.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    TimeLord1 said:
    Not entirely true, there are loads of medical conditions and medication messups that impair cognitive functioning to the extent you can do stuff without being fully aware (or aware at all) of what you're doing - but instances when that does happen on eBay are probably rarer than the times bidders/buyers claim it was an accident.
    I've accidentally placed a bid when I meant to do a best offer - and hadn't been drinking.
  • TimeLord1
    Options
    I guess it also can depend on the options of the item being sold auction, best offer, buy it now. And devices being used App and online pc view are different and what options the OP had available on the auction if it's auction only, then to submit a bid the only error should be the amount they entered, again the bidder themselves can retract that bid and submit a lower amount or not submit one. Some try to see other people's top bids then withdraw it once they know the highest amount bid by someone else again it's a floor in ebay that allows that. 
  • RedImp_2
    RedImp_2 Posts: 271 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can you not still make an offer if you’ve bid. Didn’t realise that was a thing
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    RedImp_2 said:
    Can you not still make an offer if you’ve bid. Didn’t realise that was a thing
    AFAIK, if a listing is both bid now and best offer, once someone has bid on the item, the best offer option is removed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback