Careco recliner chair

Options
tunisia_14
tunisia_14 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 29 April at 12:37PM in Consumer rights
Noisy creaking chair when sitting down when chair in normal upright position. Like material clunking on wood or metal? Ok when in reclining mode. Only 21 days from delivery. Emailed videos and requested refund under 2015 consumer rights act goods not of standard quality, however Careco are saying this is normal settling in of fabric rubbing against it and if I want a technician out I have to pay £80 Citizens advice have said today that it is my responsibility to prove chair is not of satisfactory quality and not the company, they emailed me small claims court template but what’s the point of that when I have followed their previous template and got nowhere. It would have been better to pay Careco  £60 within 14 days and got it collected and refunded. Shame on Careco treating pensioners the way they do.

Comments

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 April at 5:37PM
    Options
    I have found CareCo stuff to look good value but to be pretty poor quality and avoid them
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Noisy creaking chair when sitting down when chair in normal upright position. Like material clunking on wood or metal? Ok when in reclining mode. Only 21 days from delivery. Emailed videos and requested refund under 2015 consumer rights act goods not of standard quality, however Careco are saying this is normal settling in of fabric rubbing against it and if I want a technician out I have to pay £80 Citizens advice have said today that it is my responsibility to prove chair is not of satisfactory quality and not the company, they emailed me small claims court template but what’s the point of that when I have followed their previous template and got nowhere. It would have been better to pay Careco  £60 within 14 days and got it collected and refunded. Shame on Careco treating pensioners the way they do.
    Asked for this to be moved to consumer rights section.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/what-do-i-do-if-i-have-a-faulty-product-aTTEK2g0YuEy

main points

How long do I have to return faulty goods?

• You have the right to reject your item and get a refund within 30 days of possessing the goods.
    • You could also ask the retailer to repair or replace your item within six months of purchase.
    • Your rights against the retailer can last for up to six years, but after the first six months the onus is on you to prove a fault was present at the time you took ownership of the goods.
    • You can also use your guarantee or warranty if your product develops a fault.
    Life in the slow lane
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure