travel insurance NFOP

Options
Has anyone any experience of using the NFOP travel insurance - is it legit please

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,968 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Never heard of the NFOP but presuming they acknowledge it and link to it then no reason to think it isn't... Canopious as Lloyds Syndicate 4444 is stated as the insurer for it, Canopious is a large multinational insurer and as always with Lloyds there is the backing of the marketplace were anything to happen to the syndicate.

Obviously, just because they are a genuine and secure insurer doesn't mean they only sell high quality products  
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have been a member of NFOP for some years and I have their travel insurance.  Its an annual multi trip insurance that cover worldwide destinations and cruises are covered too. It runs from March to March.  You do not need to declare any existing medical conditions, the emphasis is being able to show fitness for travel. I don't think they are particularly cheap but then I haven't had any quotes for any other companies in quite a few years.  At my age, and conditions I find them convenient, I also have my wife on the policy.  They are easy to communicate with too. The only downside for some of my more extravagant trips is the amount that will insure up to for cancellation and curtailment.  Check the policy carefully to ensure it fits your needs.   So yes it is legit. You need to be an NFOP member to get it.
  • HP_Source
    HP_Source Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I echo Frankie's comments. For me it's been a godsend because there is something in my medical history for which there has been no firm diagnosis. Normally that would cause big problems, but under the NFOP scheme it is not an issue.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback