UC LCW to LCWRA backdating transition

Options
Can someone shed some light on this please. Been on lcw for approx two years and requested for a re assessment due to change in health. Provided deterioration fit note and requested new assessment last October which I requested my via journal. Was put forward for this and was awarded lcwra on 25th April following my reassessment. There have been constant fit notes in since l put the first one in and still cover me up until the end of April. I requested further information about my future payments in my journal and have had a response telling my my lcwra won't be in payment until September... This doesn't make a lot of sense to me and contradicts everything I've read online. I believed on getting the outcome my payments for lcwra should start from my next full assessment period after the decision and also that I should be backdated to the date I provided the fit note last October? Any clarification would be great as I believe whoever has left that note on my journal and given me either a wrong decision or wrong information. Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This is not correct. As you reported changes to your health condition then it will be from the assessment period in which you provided your first fit note in October. 
  • kaMelo
    kaMelo Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Options
    The assessment period you requested the reassessment is not counted, there would then be three full assessment periods that need to pass, the fourth assessment period you would qualify for payment at the end of that.
    Depending upon your assessment period dates that would be around February or March.
  • Croftuk
    Croftuk Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    kaMelo said:
    The assessment period you requested the reassessment is not counted, there would then be three full assessment periods that need to pass, the fourth assessment period you would qualify for payment at the end of that.
    Depending upon your assessment period dates that would be around February or March.
    Even though I was already classed as LCW? 
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,079 Forumite
    Options
    kaMelo said:
    That’s not correct in this case because the OP already had LCW. They reported changes to their health condition and provided fit notes.

Please see my previous comment. 
  • kaMelo
    kaMelo Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    edited 29 April at 1:26PM
    Options
    Somehow I missed that part, apologies  To  the OP, ignore my earlier post,.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback