BT made a sensible change to logins but did it badly

Options
Monanore
Monanore Posts: 20 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper
BT, quite rightly, have separated the logins for your account or your email, which makes things more secure ( it is now bt.com/login or bt.com/email ).
However, both invoke sign-in screens which look identical.
Not only that, they have removed the ability to click to view the password and check you have entered it correctly ( the eye symbol ).
I now live in fear of needing a password reset.
It's difficult to believe that somebody has looked at the final change and said, yes, that'll do !

Clearly, unless BT want to have many more calls about sign-in problems, they need to change the panels to indicate which login it is, and add back the password check. A really simple change.

Does anyone know how to get them to do this ?

Comments

• Sarahspangles
    Sarahspangles Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Monanore said:
    BT, quite rightly, have separated the logins for your account or your email, which makes things more secure ( it is now bt.com/login or bt.com/email ).
    However, both invoke sign-in screens which look identical.
    Not only that, they have removed the ability to click to view the password and check you have entered it correctly ( the eye symbol ).
    I now live in fear of needing a password reset.
    It's difficult to believe that somebody has looked at the final change and said, yes, that'll do !

Clearly, unless BT want to have many more calls about sign-in problems, they need to change the panels to indicate which login it is, and add back the password check. A really simple change.

Does anyone know how to get them to do this ?

I no longer have an @btinternet email address but when I did I found it easier to use their apps - there’s one for account management, another for email. I rarely had to log in via a browser.

I suspect that as more users switch to apps, it’s a low priority to improve the user interface for those still using a laptop or browser. In fact I suspect that the separate logins they’ve introduced are because that change helped them roll out the apps.

• 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Firstly, stop using an ISP dependent email address, migrate to something like Gmail which removes lock in to the ISP.

Secondly, use a good password manager like Bitwarden and then you can have complex passwords and they get associated to the URL so will always fill in the right password for the right instance.

Do the second, even if you don't want to do the first and the problem goes away.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback