Cancelling Apple TV sub after day of payment paid(today)

Options
Hi, was planning to cancel above, but forgot, payment was taken out of account today, not opened app at all today. I know with Now TV you can cancel afterwards if you havent used it and get a refund

Comments

• iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,113 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 26 April at 3:35PM
    Options
    Are you quoting that as a fact ( that they will refund you because you haven’t used it ) or is it a question , if you know they will refund you ( something I find hard to believe ) what’s the intention of the post , if you should have asked it as a question, ‘will they refund me if I haven’t used it ‘ the answer is probably No , what’s more , most services require a notice period , so even if you had not forgotten to cancel , you would still be paying during the notice period .
  • Articulate25
    Articulate25 Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I said Now TV have done so in the past, OP is about Apple TV, and posters experiences
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Whether Now TV will refund or not if something hasn’t been used isn’t exactly relevant to the OP’s question, as Apple are under no obligation to offer the goodwill that Now TV may or may not. Their question is whether Apple TV do offer a similar kind of goodwill.

I would contact Apple as soon as possible to ask, as they are less likely to do anything the longer you leave it.

In future, cancel as soon as you realise you don’t wish to renew or remove a card with money on from your account (add one with no money that doesn’t charge for a declined transaction (e.g. Chase,) if you have to.)
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,113 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My bad , I missed the Apple TV reference, 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business