Nationwide Problems

Options
Nationwide updated their app again yesterday and it seems to have taken down most of their systems this morning.

There has been problems with the app most of the morning. I was unable to view any of my current or savings accounts or make any payments. I eventually gave up and tried logging into the internet banking on my computer instead. However I'm unable to view any of my accounts or make any payments there either. It says:

Sorry, we're unable to show you all your account info at the moment. This also means you’ll be unable to make payments from some accounts. We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as we can.

If this is a demonstration of how flaky their systems are currently imagine how bad it will be when they bring the Virgin Money chaos into the mix.   :/

I hope service will resume soon as I really need to make payments today.

Comments

• TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Their service status says everything is working, but inbound payments are delayed.

I think this is the second incident they've had in the last month? Today will be a peak payment day, being the last Friday of the month. 
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,043 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My app is working fine. There's a message when I log on about Incoming payments, as TheBanker mentions, but I'm not expecting any, personally.
  • fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    Options
    TheBanker said:
    Their service status says everything is working, but inbound payments are delayed.

I think this is the second incident they've had in the last month? Today will be a peak payment day, being the last Friday of the month. 
    They did have the issues with being unable to view account or make payments listed on their service status page earlier. It looks like it must have updated shortly after I made my post. I registered for text updates on a fix and received a message from them at 13:22 saying:
    Following this morning's fault, accounts are now working again. Delayed payments will be processed shortly.
    I can now at least view my accounts again but none of my incoming payments for today are there yet.

They seem to have problems with delayed incoming payments as quite a regular occurrence on paydays recently. Not being able to view accounts at all or make payments, as happened this morning, is thankfully not as common.
  • fabsaver
    Options
    EarthBoy said:
    My app is working fine. There's a message when I log on about Incoming payments, as TheBanker mentions, but I'm not expecting any, personally.
    Down detector showed a couple of significant spikes for Nationwide outages reported this morning. Looks like it was resolved shortly after 1pm.

• moneysaver1978
    moneysaver1978 Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not exactly a problem but did you notice any slowness when starting the app especially with "Establishing secure connection"? Doesn't matter if I am on wifi or 5G.
  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    All seems to be working fine now. I love the slim account tiles and that I can remove the account type headers. Nearly all my accounts on one page now
  • fabsaver
    Options
    Not exactly a problem but did you notice any slowness when starting the app especially with "Establishing secure connection"? Doesn't matter if I am on wifi or 5G.
    Yes ever since they launched the new app it seems to take ages to load. I get the 'loading' or 'talking to Nationwide' screens for longer. I am on a fairly slow connection though, so I'd just put it down to that.
  • jameseonline
    jameseonline Posts: 331 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fabsaver said:
    Nationwide updated their app again yesterday and it seems to have taken down most of their systems this morning.

There has been problems with the app most of the morning. I was unable to view any of my current or savings accounts or make any payments. I eventually gave up and tried logging into the internet banking on my computer instead. However I'm unable to view any of my accounts or make any payments there either. It says:

Sorry, we're unable to show you all your account info at the moment. This also means you’ll be unable to make payments from some accounts. We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as we can.

If this is a demonstration of how flaky their systems are currently imagine how bad it will be when they bring the Virgin Money chaos into the mix.   :/

I hope service will resume soon as I really need to make payments today.
    Maybe they use same/similar to Santander 🤔😒🙄😏
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure