Barclays Premier

Options
Hello, 

I have a standard Barclays Current account. This morning I was browsing around the app and looked at the Premier account. I completed the upgrade application but did not press submit 'confirm and upgrade' button. 

I am not eligible for the account based on my income and savings. What happens if you submit the request?  Does it still upgrade automatically or gets referred to be checked? 

Thanks 

Comments

• ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 April at 9:06AM
    Options
    I don't meet the stated terms but they offered it to me anyway and I accepted
    There isn't much to get excited about. I like the premier telephone number, I think it's quicker. You get the Rainy Day Saver without Blue Rewards, the other accounts aren't worth it. I've never tried the £2,000 withdrawal but it might be handy, it doesn't work in all machines though. I looked at the Avios Rewards but didn't go for it. I didn't bother with the black card as I've had kittens on mine for years but personalised cards are free so that's a plus
    If you fancy it, go for it
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,504 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    So long as you're not misrepresenting yourself, you've nothing to fear. Worst they can say is 'no'.
    Unless you're an Avios collector there's really not too much to be excited about tho. I used to do it and exchange for Nectar but now that rate has been nerfed it'd actually cost more than you'd get back in Nectar value.
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,351 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 23 April at 11:46AM
    Options
    superM said:
    Hello, 

I have a standard Barclays Current account. This morning I was browsing around the app and looked at the Premier account. I completed the upgrade application but did not press submit 'confirm and upgrade' button. 

I am not eligible for the account based on my income and savings. What happens if you submit the request?  Does it still upgrade automatically or gets referred to be checked? 

Thanks 
    Even if you slip through it’ll be cancelled soon enough. I don’t use it as my main account and Barclays regularly threatens to downgrade my Premier account.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback