Help! Looking for a south coast beachfront hotel for a four generation weekend away....

Options
Can I please pick your collective brains?

I've been tasked with finding a hotel/B&B for a weekend family get together - by 'family' I mean 12 people spanning four generations, with ages from 2 to 86 in seven different rooms!  The criteria I've been given are:

Beachfront (mother in law can't walk very far so has to be within 50m of a sandy beach)

Private parking (non-negotiable from my husband)

Ground floor room available (for aforementioned mother in law)

Children welcome

On the coasts of Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset or Sussex

Not five star prices!

I've spent some time wading through the likes of booking.com but the filters don't always match our requirements and their definition of parking isn't quite the same as my husband's!  We usually go to Center Parcs (which is a doddle to organise), but the request for seaside this year is not quite so easy.....

Thanks in advance x

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ask on FB local pages for the area you want.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,127 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Sandbanks Hotel in Poole.  Might not have ground floor rooms but I do believe there's a lift.  Beach practically outside the front door.  

Might help though if you add to your requirements when and how much.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • thebestnameshavegone
    Options
    Thanks.  We're flexible as to when (as long as it is a weekend).  Any time between now and the end of September!  As to 'how much', again we are pretty flexible.  If we spent the same as we do for 2 x villas at Center Parcs I think we could probably spend about £150 per room per night, but that's just a ball park figure.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,547 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    If you are location specific Google maps is an easier way to search.  Even on such a long stretch of coast there won't be that many true beachfront hotels so it shouldn't take long to find something.
  • thebestnameshavegone
    Options
    Thanks - that's a good idea!
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe local tourist offices will be able to suggest suitable hotels or at least advise on those close to a beach?  It might be worth googling locations to find contact numbers and then phoning.  In my experience they can be very helpful if you get the right person.
  • jimbo6977
    jimbo6977 Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    https://www.leisureplex.co.uk

Queens Hotel in Eastbourne has parking and is right on the front. 

Some of their other properties will also meet your needs depending on availability. They mostly cater for coach tours but have triple and quad rooms for families and are well set to cater to the older generation as regards mobility. 
  • thebestnameshavegone
    Options
    Thank you - will check it out!
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Relais Cooden Beach Hotel close to Bexhill is right on the beach. In the past we have had many family events there, it changed hands a couple of years ago but reports continue to say it is excellent. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback