Wren Quartz - Cancellation rights

Options
Hi everyone, 
We have recently bought a kitchen, with quartz worktops from Wren. Put our deposit down and since have had the kitchen delivered albeit with a few things missing (and an extractor fan which the designer forgot to put in our kitchen, although it's under building regs for it to be included). 

Our issue has come up with the Quartz though, we feel we have been missold/ mislead with what we were getting. It's the very basic package, with nothing included which wasn't advised to us at the time by the designer. They are due to come round this Friday to measure up and start making the quartz but we are pretty adamant that it should be cancelled. They are saying we can add on to any finance agreement, but can't take it away and as the kitchen has been delivered it's too late now. Our argument is, we feel we've been mis-sold the product, the product hasn't even been measured up for templating yet so it shouldn't be a massive deal. 

We feel seriously let down with Wren, head office saying talk to your designer about it and the shop saying talk to head office. Do we have any rights to cancel just the Quartz? Or is there a way round this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    Options
    Hello OP

AFAIK you can breach the contract and be liable for costs or loss of profit.

In terms of mis-selling if they breach the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations you have the right to unwind the contract or seek a discount. 

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Why have you been mis sold the quartz worktops?
  • Fox199011
    Fox199011 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Hello OP

AFAIK you can breach the contract and be liable for costs or loss of profit.

In terms of mis-selling if they breach the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations you have the right to unwind the contract or seek a discount. 

They are saying we signed the contract so should have known that's what it included. They are also happy for us to be upsold when the Quartz team comes to measure but we can't take it off? I understand that the kitchen is now delivered and been made so you can't go back on that - but the quartz hasn't even been measured and started getting produced. 
  • Fox199011
    Fox199011 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    sheramber said:
    We were not made aware of all the added extras that we would have to pay for, they've essentially just sold us worktops and nothing else in the shop.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What's happened to make you consider it mis-sold?
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fox199011 said:
    sheramber said:
    We were not made aware of all the added extras that we would have to pay for, they've essentially just sold us worktops and nothing else in the shop.
    What sort of added extras are we talking about?

Are you talking about having a draining board cut into the quartz? Holes for hob, taps etc...? (which should have all been discussed at the point of sale and included or made clear if it wasn't included).
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Fox199011 said:
    sheramber said:
    Are these extras specific to a quartz worktop or would they apply to any worktop?

If they cancel the quartz worktop what do you intend to do for a worktop?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback