Eon Next Loyalty 12 month v 4

Options
freuchiehunt
freuchiehunt Posts: 6 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I received an email invite to sign up to a new tariff on 9th April. I was on Next Fix 12 month v11 ending in August. My DD was reducing to £163 as I was paying more than using. The new 12 month fix quoted £138.23 which seemed good and I signed up. Had also compared the 24 month deal. A few days later, noticed Dd still not amended so got in touch. Advised DD would be re-set at £167.02, more than paying on previous fix. Sent DM via Meta, advised set at higher DD to ensure build up of credit. I have entered a complaint, can’t believe they can do this, feeing so mislead. I wouldn’t have signed up to new fix if they were going to set DD higher. No response to my complaint so far.

Comments

• Krakkkers
    Krakkkers Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The important thing is not the DD, its the price per unit of gas and electricity.
    Is it cheaper than the previous deal per unit?
  • Reed_Richards
    Reed_Richards Posts: 4,187 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    "ensure build-up of credit" is just shorthand for "I am too junior in the Customer Services hierarchy.." or "I can't be bothered.." to review and possibly alter your Direct Debit.  Point out to them that is your DD was going to be £163 then if the new deal is better then your DD cannot possibly end up more than £163.

However what you pay each months does eventually all come out in the wash.  If your DD is more than the cost of what you use per month (averaged over a full year) then you will build up that credit and your DD can be reviewed and reduced.  If your DD is less than the cost of what you use per month (averaged over a full year) you will build up a debt and your DD will have to be increased by quite a lot in order to both cover for what you are using and gradually pay-off the debt.       
    Reed
  • freuchiehunt
    Options
    Yes, unit prices are less on the new tariff- 22.51 kw for electricity compared to 27.958 on old deal, 5.62 kw for gas compared to 5.989. Appreciate that standing charges increases add about £75. Eon Next usage estimate which is based on last year’s usage was £1658.85 which equates to £138.23 a month. They shouldn’t be setting my DD higher when the unit costs are lower. My point is, they offered me a new deal, set out the annual and monthly cost then effectively added £345. I don’t think that’s fair and right. BTW, Eon Next has still not responded to my complaint.
  • Reed_Richards
    Reed_Richards Posts: 4,187 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, effectively they haven't added anything at all - because ultimately you pay for what you use.  But if they offered you a lower DD they should stick their promise - at least for as long as that appears to about the right amount to cover your annual usage. 
    Reed
  • Scot_39
    Scot_39 Posts: 1,858 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Were you in credit ?

Was the initial lower DD in part refunding it ?

Did they refund it when ended initial  fix ?
  • GrubbyGirl_2
    GrubbyGirl_2 Posts: 729 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can't you just change it in the app?
  • freuchiehunt
    Options
    I’ve managed to resolve and they are honouring the DD they offered - I’ve rounded it up to £140. Yes, I was in credit. In answer to reducing the DD myself in the app, Eon Next will only allow you to reduce by 10%.
  • JoshinLeeds
    JoshinLeeds Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I’ve managed to resolve and they are honouring the DD they offered - I’ve rounded it up to £140. Yes, I was in credit. In answer to reducing the DD myself in the app, Eon Next will only allow you to reduce by 10%.
    You can keep reducing it again by 10% a time in app. I've done it 5 times tonight as I switched Electric to another provider. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback