IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN

Options
Hi, I sent a cheque for a parking fine a few months ago and it hasn't been cashed. Can I make a online payment now? I have received a letter from dcbl. I have read other posts but nothing similar. Thanks

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 21 April at 7:00PM
    Options
    Kd80 said:
    Hi, I sent a cheque for a parking fine a few months ago and it hasn't been cashed. Can I make a online payment now? I have received a letter from dcbl. I have read other posts but nothing similar. Thanks
    You won't find anything similar because it's not a 'fine' and no-one has to pay DCB Ltd unless you've lost after not defending a court claim.

If it's just a daft threatogram letter demanding £170 you certainly don't pay it!  STOP!

DCB Ltd or DCB Ltd? 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello and welcome.

I am not surprised you have seen nothing similar on this forum.
    Most unusual for anyone here to needlessly pay a parking charge.

Which parking company?
    When you logon to their website as if to pay, what does it say about any outstanding amount?

You say you have received a letter from DCBL. Without knowing anything about what might be in that letter it is difficult to comment on it.
  • Kd80
    Kd80 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank's for the reply all.
    I know I just don't know if I have the energy to fight this.
    It's Total Car Parks and when i log in it says "could not find ticket details"
    Final Reminder Notice from dcbl (direct collections bailiffs ltd) charging £160.00

I parked in the car park in December 2023 and paid for parking. I was told by the shop I was visiting that the 1st hour was free so I paid after an hour. Then I received the fine and appealed sending them my payment and what had happened. They rejected the appeal saying I paid less than tarrif displayed. I emailed them back and said I could not afford the payment and said what I could afford they said no and I sent a cheque for £60 which hasn't been cashed. 

As I have appealed I'm not sure where I stand on this.

• Coupon-mad
    edited 21 April at 8:14PM
    Options
    Just ignore the DCB Ltd letters.  See the 4th post of the NEWBIES thread. Read it NOW.

No-one here pays.  Very easy to defend if ever you get a court claim.  TCP are not litigious so it won't happen, but just in case:

Obviously you must tell TCP if you move house, but that's all.  You don't pay hundreds to some scam third party DRA.
  • Kd80
    Kd80 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, just worried i have messed things up by appealing?

• Coupon-mad
    Options
    Nope. Sit tight. Come back when you get a Letter Before Claim or a Claim Form.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback