IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Didn’t receive my 1st two speeding letters

Options
I was going 35mph in a 30mph zone jan 2024 
they apparently sent me a letter on the 23rd jan 2024 & another one on the 29th feb 2024 however i never received either of those letters. 

And today i have just got a single justice procedure notice. With two offence on there. Failing to give information and for speeding. 

Where do I stand regarding this as I genuinely never received the two letters on them dates and only got this one today. I don’t want to go to court. How can I get this matter resolved. Any advice? 

Comments

• MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you changed your address and is your registered keeper address up to date?
  • Taylor_Bates
    Options
    All the same information, just strange that the only letter i received is this one today and not the other 2 they sent start of the year
  • LightFlare
    LightFlare Posts: 559 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 20 April at 1:53PM
    Options
    Better to register and post on: https://www.ftla.uk/

Read any stickies and provide any and all info required

As above - the usual cause of this is the details on your V5 not being up to date. Dig it out and check
  • Taylor_Bates
    Options
    It is all up to date, I know this because I had a crash 2 months ago and had to get my v5 out 
  • Beeboo23
    Beeboo23 Posts: 200 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My partner had a similar occurrence with a bus lane violation. We never received the first letter, then we got the second to say he had to pay a larger fine as we ‘ignored’ the first. On appealing we advised them of this and they agreed to a reduced (but still higher than it would have been if we’d got the first letter) fine. Maybe you can appeal online? 
    Debt free October 2020 🎉

FTB 12 2020 🥳

Life happens fund £10000/£10000 filled 11/22

Investing towards my first 10k (done Jan 24)

now working towards first 25k
    10,300/25,000
  • LightFlare
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There is a tried and tested process for dealing with this scenario.

It will mean a trip to court however and you will still gets points/fined for the speeding but the FtF will be dropped
  • ThorOdinson
    ThorOdinson Posts: 42 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You are screwed. The police can just stick a stamp on it and as far as the court is concerned you got it. If it got lost, the best you can hope for is to get points and a fine, instead of say a speeding course. You will have to waste even more money going to court and mounting a defence to even get that far.

Write to your MP to complain about it, although nothing will be done. The government isn't going to fund registered post costs.
  • LightFlare
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You are screwed. The police can just stick a stamp on it and as far as the court is concerned you got it. If it got lost, the best you can hope for is to get points and a fine, instead of say a speeding course. You will have to waste even more money going to court and mounting a defence to even get that far.

Write to your MP to complain about it, although nothing will be done. The government isn't going to fund registered post costs.
    Not at all -- just a little more time and effort required to salvage the situation

OP please visit https://www.ftla.uk and get the experts there to talk you through the process

You do NOT want a FtF endorsement on your licence - but it 100% can be avoided

(I would also recommend http://forums.pepipoo.com -- but it has been experiencing technical issues --- again)
  • Taylor_Bates
    Options
    I don’t even know what to do at this point. I have tried to log into the gov website but when I put my case number in that is on the letter it is saying the number is invalid 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback