PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Saturday 20 April 2024

Options
2»

Comments

• dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone
    Late one from me as little one was here for her sleepover yesterday. we've had a busy day - she had her swimming lesson this morning , then I had a hot chocolate while she had half an hour or so in soft play. Then we got the bus down to her house - washed her trampoline, the outdoor table and chairs and her outdoor kitchen. Then I weeded  and generally tidied while she alternated between bouncing on the trampoline and riding her scooter. There's lots of plants most of which I have no idea what they are, but the garden has obviously been looked after - little one laughed at me not really knowing which were weeds and which were flowers. Just finished before DD came home from work - she gave me a lift up home. Weird day weather wise - sunny and warmish, then chilly, then sunshine, etc - no rain though.
    Hope everyone has had a good day x
  • AlwaysAllie
    AlwaysAllie Posts: 565 Forumite
    First Post Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Nanny - glad to hear your results were good. Wishing you the best on the next treatments for you and Mr. NW.

AA - Hay is one of my favorite places to visit. First time I went, I had twenty boxes of books shipped home - almost all on the home front in World War II - cookbooks and gardening books mainly. Even the charity shops would ship for you. Was glad I got them when I did. The last time I went could not find a single book for my collection. A friend I traveled with on several trips didn't want to be bothered going there but I talked her and a friend who lived in England to go. He drove and by the time we were ready to come back to London, the car was so full, we could barely get the people in - and it was a big car. She insisted that we go on every trip after. She was looking for books for our British Isles Family History Society and she found a lot that really were helpful, especially parish histories. We were always looking for book sales even when taking tour groups around the British Isles. Always reserved one morning near the end of the trips for taking any remaining books that weren't mailed from the shops to the post office before heading home. My first trip to England I didn't ship them home. One suitcase weighed 68 pounds and the other weighed 69 pounds. My clothes were in the tote bag. At that time you could take two suitcases on the plane free if they weighed less than 70 pounds. I just made it! But they put labels all over the bags (at least 8 on each one) that said "heavy". When I got back home and was going through customs, the man at the desk looked at my list of what I had bought and saw how much was for books. He took one look at the labels and said "It must be all books or bricks in there" and waved me through. Had quite a time getting them into the car to go home. 

Hope everyone has the best day possible under the circumstances. 

What a great story - thanks for sharing 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure