We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Under Consultation - Is it Legal?

Options
I work for a very large corporate company and I'm currently under consultation.  The proposal is to lose 6 permanent headcount from an initial headcount of 13.  The company then plan to replace the 6 redundant people with 6 functional service provider (FSP) people in Brazil.  Is this legal?  The reason they want to use FSP is because the work fluctuates and they can let them go as and when but currently 6 people are required to replace the 6 that will leave and they have been upfront and honest about how many will be recruited.

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,818 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No different to a company outsourcing its customer helpline to India
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 11,181 Ambassador
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sure it's legal.  I've been in roles outsourced and off shored a couple of times.  There was no legal comeback 
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback