Safe will writer

Options
I am trying to find a kosher will writing company for my partner , she has contacted many companies but they demand money up front , deposits and are aggressive seller's. 
She needs a firm who can handle slightly complex arrangements, she has chosen her executor ( not me ), and really needs to get this sorted , too many Snakes , she needs advice on who to use , Thank you 

Comments

• HappyHarry
    HappyHarry Posts: 1,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A local family solicitor will do the job.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser. Any comments I make here are intended for information / discussion only. Nothing I post here should be construed as advice. If you are looking for individual financial advice, please contact a local Independent Financial Adviser.
  • Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Avoid will writers, she needs a local solicitor.
  • user1977
    user1977 Posts: 14,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why is she contacting "will writing companies" rather than solicitors?
  • SiliconChip
    SiliconChip Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This is not relevant to the Insurance board, but everyone has offered the correct advice anyway, which is of course to use a solicitor. If she wants a cheaper option then using one of the charity Will schemes might be the way to go, although I'm not sure if any of them are operating at this time of year.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,862 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If she wants a cheaper option then using one of the charity Will schemes might be the way to go, although I'm not sure if any of them are operating at this time of year.
    'Free' wills months take place in March and October each year, but you need to be over 55 to take advantage...
    Free Wills Month  

'Members of the public aged 55 and over contact one of the firms of solicitors taking part in a Free Wills Month campaign during the designated month to request an appointment.

The solicitor will help to draw up a Will that accurately reflects the wishes of the individual or couple. Those taking up the offer are under no obligation to leave a gift to one of the Free Wills Month charities, however, we earnestly hope that many will see this as a chance to help their favourite cause.

Appointments are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. Once all available appointments are booked the campaign will close, this may be before the end of the campaigning month.'

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback