IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

What to do with parking notice

Options
icecub
icecub Posts: 3 Newbie
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Hello, I have a letter from ELMS Legal, I have no idea what to do, help needed please (I am 80 years old) Thank you.

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,865 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 April at 7:47PM
    Options
    This needs to be moved to the parking fines board - I'll put in a request to the forum team to do that
    In the meantime, I suggest you go over there and read the 'sticky' threads at the top of the board 
    Parking tickets, fines & parking — MoneySavingExpert Forum 
    You'll probably also need to be a bit more specific about what the letter says and the circumstances of how it has come about 

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You are now in the parking sub-forum.  The usual advice is for new posters to read the NEWBIE sticky.  What does the letter say?  Have you previously had letters, reminders, debt collector letters or initially a PCN?  Is your V5C up-to-date with your current address?  This is the usual reason for not receiving correspondence.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,009 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    icecub said:
    Hello, I have a letter from ELMS Legal, I have no idea what to do, help needed please (I am 80 years old) Thank you.
    Please tell us more about the letter and the car park it refers to.  What happened that caused you to get a private invoice 'PCN' last year or whenever?

I will ask @troublemaker22 (a solicitor poster) if he can assist you with this. He is trustworthy.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • troublemaker22
    troublemaker22 Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    @icecub,

I’ve sent you a DM
  • troublemaker22
    troublemaker22 Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    A DM is a “direct message”. @icecub, please look at your messages. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback