We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Hello and Please help me
Comments
-
Give me a few mins and i'll see if i've got a sample copy of the letter the CCCS sent me to send to my creditors0
-
JAMIEDODGER wrote:in that case i think she will keep any money you give her..but....do you really want to be away from your partner with the impending birth of your new baby? and what about when the baby arrives...she will need you around to help her and with your other child and if you are living apart that will be difficult...you will only be able to stay over a certain amount of nights otherwise you will still be classed as "living together" so back to square one.......why dont you post details of all your income and outgoings there are so many excellent people on here who will be able to give you more specific advice if they know all the details.............
I see where you are coming from...but she wouldnt be claiming benefits, once the house was signed over, there is nothing surely stopping me moving back in as a lodger.....I am sure someone here must have done something similar...Again thanks for all your help..this community has been a great help so far...it is appreciated :T0 -
Creditors name and address Your address
Date
Dear Sir/Madam,
Account NO ________________________________________________
Since making the above agreement with you, my circumstances have changed. I cannot now afford the agreed monthly payments because (e.g. I am a full-time student and I have been unable to secure employment). I enclose a Personal Budget sheet that shows my total income from all sources, and my total outgoings. As you can see I have only £________ per month left for my creditors.
The offers I have made to my creditors have been worked out on a pro rata basis, and I have written to all my creditors asking them to accept reduced payments.
In view of my circumstances, please accept a reduced offer of £_____per month. If interest or other charges are being added to the account I would be grateful if you would freeze these so that all payments made will reduce what I owe you.
Should my circumstances improve I will contact you again.
I would be grateful if you would send a (paying in book) (standing order form) to make it easier to pay you. (choose)
I have also been in contact with the CCCS Consumer Credit Counselling Services and have provided my reference number___________ should you wish to contact them.
Thank you for your assistance. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
Yours faithfully,
Under signature – your name in printed capitals.0 -
they never sent me that...I made my own up. The CCCS are trying to get me to do a IVA or something, where i pay back so much a month for 5 years and then something about remortgaging ....0
-
cheers and will do0
-
But if the CCCS recommend an IVA then that letter isn't relevant as you aren't proposing to make a pro-rata reduced payment as such, I've been told to make token payments to my creditors until the IVA is sorted out. When it's going to take 17 years to pay back creditors with a payment plan (and that's assuming no interest/charges) it kind of makes you look at the alternatives a bit closer. I am simply informing my creditors that I'm struggling to make the payments and am dealing with the CCCS and payplan.0
-
Hi Andy..thanks for your input...in your opinion/experience is the IVA the better route to take?0
-
Well I don't have any experience to call on as I'm in the process of deciding what to do. All I can say is that everyone I've spoken to has said an IVA is the best option for me as if I enter into a payment plan it's going to take at least 17 years to pay off my debts. By doing an IVA I'll hopefully be debt free in 5 years. It's a very difficult decision, the thing I'm worried about with an IVA is the releasing of the equity at the end of it, will we get a remortgage, what rate will it be at (i.e. will we have to pay a higher rate due to our credit history). It's not a forgone conclusion that the creditors will accept an IVA anyway, in my case I'd only need the biggest creditor to say no and the whole thing would fall through! Good luck with whatever you decide to do.0
-
Cheers andy0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards