We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Hello and Please help me

hello to you all, and may i say that i stumbled across this forum today and I was genuinely overwhelmed by the amount of people willing to share their experiences in order to help others. It has been the one bright light in an otherwise dark day for me....

I, like alot of people here class myself as a very proud individual, but i am desperately seeking help and advice on what to do. I admit that it is my own fault the situation i am in, but i dont see that as a reason why my fiancee and child and baby (on the way soon) should suffer for it.

I owe in excess of 44k, various loans, overdrafts and credit cards...in the end i was using the cards to pay for the shopping and fuel etc, as my outgoings were swallowing my wage.

I take home around 1350 a month, so i called the cccs about 7 weeks ago..I have had my interview with them today. They are putting me forward to "baker tilley" re an IVS??

One of my debts was 15550 for an egg loan, i contacted them explaining my situation , quoting my cccs reference number etc, but in the weeks following they proceeded to still default me...the cccs informed me they are renowned for this. I received a letter off an organisation called "CREDIT SOLUTIONS LTD" informing me my case had been passed onto them....I tried to contact them but never got through, i also mailed egg asking why this had happened they replied back a few days later informing me they would contact me in a few days regarding this...(they never did)...

after my cccs interview toiday, i had a call off the most obnoxious, conceited, patronising individual i have ever had the displeasure to talk to..they worked ofr "CREDIT SOLUTIONS LTD"....i tried to explain to her i was in contact with egg and was awaiting response to them, and also i was in discussions with the cccs. she blatently tried to put me down, saying things like "well you got yourself into this situation", and " we wont pass the account back to egg", and "well, why am i callling you then,you got yourself into this situation " and " we will send a collector around"..if it was a bloke saying it ot me in my face i would have punched him. In the end i think she realised she couldn't intimidate me and said "i'd better call them on monday with what the cccs had to say".....what scum, i was fuming so i sent another message to egg explaining my annoyance and then rang them to be informed that they had sold my debt on to this "CREDIT SOLUTIONS LTD"

I dont know what to do , i blew my top at egg as i had contacted them explaining my situation and i didnt realise till after my interview with the cccs, that my debt was no longer with Egg, but with these Bullies. What should I do? what can I do?...I dont want to deal with these as they will probably take me to County court and get a ccj against me and potentially get a claim against my property, which i share with my fiancee...we took the mortgage out together and in the next few weeks when we have one wage coming in due to her maternity, i will have no money whatsoever...I am 100% up to date on my mortgage, not missed a payment on it ever..can i move the house over to her in her name and go bankrupt to get everything cleared????


what do you recommend...I am so confused and my fiancee is worrying now as all the debts were we thought unsecured (which they are), but the cccs say that if it went to county court we could still potentially lose our house..
help and sorry for rambling on, but I hope you can advise me..cheers
«13

Comments

  • newfunk
    newfunk Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Credit Solutions Ltd!! Now there is a company, who did exactly the same to me, basically they do NOT listen...I kept telling them I wasnt employed and receiving no benefits etc...All i got was well how do you live, do you think we are stupid!!! I like you blew my top, and I did something i really didnt want to do and got into a heated arguement, eventually threatening to go up there and fill them in...not the right response!!!! I should notlet them worry you to much...my advice would be to maybe go see the CAB and ask them to contact them on your behalf, as for moving the house to your fiancee, i have a feeling you wont be able to do this, just something my solicitor told me when i was getting divorced..I may be wrong, im sure someone will have better advice for you......Whatever happens, remember your family's health is far more important, andthings can often look really bleak, but you have started to share your burden, and that will help.....GOOD LUCK
    In this trusted place U can erase
    Every tear that ever rolled down your weary face
    All the time U waste in that paper chase
    Is time better spent in these arms of mine
  • leeklad
    leeklad Posts: 13 Forumite
    thank you..i feared they would be like that
  • leeklad
    leeklad Posts: 13 Forumite
    matrix999 wrote:
    Hello Leeklad and Welcome to MSE!!

    Thank you for sharing your story with us. I to was in a similar situation with Egg, they refered my account to the Egg Recoveries Team after the CCCS stepped in to make payments.

    Egg actually stopped all interest and charges on my account and now I pay them a fixed amount each month which is afordable and manageable.

    Have you tried speaking to the Egg Recoveries? I personally found them very pleasant and understanding in my case. They never once passed or threatend to pass my account to an external agency.

    The e-mail address for recoveries is: recoveries@egg.com

    Hi thanks for this, but they say my debt has been sold onto this Credit solutions place...so i dont know if it will help...they havent sold my egg card debt on though......so far
  • nelly_2
    nelly_2 Posts: 17,863 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Can you sell the house and move to a smaller one to raise the money you owe? or even rent instead.
  • leeklad
    leeklad Posts: 13 Forumite
    no im afraid that this isnt an option really.....if anything we need a bigger property not smaller. At the end of the day is there something I can do along the lines of me making out we are seperating, her taking the house on and my paying her the equivalent to the mortgage payment as maintenance to her and the kids (thus her proving she can afford to take on the equity etc)...is there any loopholes which can be exploited?? I dont want her and the kids to lose the house..im not to bothered about me as i can live with friends etc if necessary
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    i think you will find if your other half goes on income support if you "separate" any maintainence that you pay her will be taken off her income support money so you will still have to pay the mortgage aswell..i think
    November NSD's - 7
  • leeklad
    leeklad Posts: 13 Forumite
    i think you will find if your other half goes on income support if you "separate" any maintainence that you pay her will be taken off her income support money so you will still have to pay the mortgage aswell..i think

    She will be working full time though...she is going on maternity in the next few weeks, and after that she is back to work full time...will this make any difference ?
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    in that case i think she will keep any money you give her..but....do you really want to be away from your partner with the impending birth of your new baby? and what about when the baby arrives...she will need you around to help her and with your other child and if you are living apart that will be difficult...you will only be able to stay over a certain amount of nights otherwise you will still be classed as "living together" so back to square one.......why dont you post details of all your income and outgoings there are so many excellent people on here who will be able to give you more specific advice if they know all the details.............
    November NSD's - 7
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,538 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I still say you should contact the Recoveries Team and explain everything to them. They do have the facility to get the account back from these companies that take the account on.

    Tell Egg that you have came up with a budget for paying the money back and see what they say..It's certainly worth a shot at least.

    Out of interest did the CCCS send you a sample letter to send to your creditors advising them of there involvement?
  • leeklad
    leeklad Posts: 13 Forumite
    matrix999 wrote:
    I still say you should contact the Recoveries Team and explain everything to them. They do have the facility to get the account back from these companies that take the account on.

    Tell Egg that you have came up with a budget for paying the money back and see what they say..It's certainly worth a shot at least.

    Out of interest did the CCCS send you a sample letter to send to your creditors advising them of there involvement?

    No they didn't matrix...I will send the recoveries team a letter....You have all been a big help so far, but please keep giving me more advice....
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.