Wine Escape / Cherry Tree Productions

Options
We were meant to be attending a Wine Escape tonight but were warned that it may be a scam, so did some digging. We contacted the hotel that was supposed to be hosting the event tonight (Harbour Hotel, St Ives) and they knew nothing about it. We have also been told that other hotels in the area (The Penventon, Redruth) also do not have bookings for this event.  

Please be aware this company have been heavily marketing these events but they don't seem to exist. If you are thinking of booking one of these events, please check with the venue before booking the tickets with Wine Escape. They have a very professional looking website and Cherry Tree Productions are registered with Companies House, but something is not right and I am now out of pocket as a result. 

Comments

• CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Fi11ion said:
    I am now out of pocket as a result. 
    If you paid by debit or credit card, do a chargeback.

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,657 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What is the connection between Wine Escape and Cherry Tree Productions (which appears to be based in Tamworth, Staffs with a sole director)?
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    On Linkedin Cherry Tree Productions  show their website as winescapes.co.uk
  • Fi11ion
    Fi11ion Posts: 5 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @lincroft1710 - The email receipt from the transaction came from Cherry Tree Productions who are a registered company. I assume they are trading as Wine Escape. At the bottom of their website (www.wineescape.co.uk) they have a company number which belongs to Cherry Tree Productions.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,657 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Their ticket availability checker is way out of date as it still shows events as far back as the beginning of the year. If all the events listed failed to happen, they must be coining it in! This could be a company Action Fraud or even Trading Standards will actually do something about
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback