No landline - south Warwickshire

Options
I have no functioning landline and I'm wondering if anyone else in this area is affected? I have a neighbour with the same problems but trying to see how far the problem stretches to.  Thanks

Comments

• Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You would be better posting this on a local Facebook group rather than nationwide and include details of your phone provider.

South Warwickshire covers a large area, can you be a bit more specific? 
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ring BT Faults on your mobile 
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The OP may not be a BT customer 
  • flossy_splodge
    flossy_splodge Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all. Yes take the point about posting locally.  I am with BT and their systems are awful.
    The automated one kept telling me there was no problem from their point of view so it must be my equipment.
    When after trying as many different numbers as i could locate I eventually managed to speak to a really lovely CS rep who investigated and said there is a known outtage in my area.
    When I asked why that ws not the info I was getting, they eventually acknowledged that BT tell lies to shut you up but they weren't prepared to lie.
    Hey ho!!
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 421 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all. Yes take the point about posting locally.  I am with BT and their systems are awful.
    The automated one kept telling me there was no problem from their point of view so it must be my equipment.
    When after trying as many different numbers as i could locate I eventually managed to speak to a really lovely CS rep who investigated and said there is a known outtage in my area.
    When I asked why that ws not the info I was getting, they eventually acknowledged that BT tell lies to shut you up but they weren't prepared to lie.
    Hey ho!!
    Of course that's what a CS rep for BT told you...
  • flossy_splodge
    Options
    Sorry, I don't understand your point?
  • iniltous
    edited 21 April at 9:45AM
    Options
    I think the point is ,   it’s difficult to believe that a BT ‘guide’ , on a call with you that could be reviewed and acted upon by their ‘manager’ , would say ‘oh yes , BT lie but I won’t lie ‘ , that’s a great way to get sacked , I recon you need to read that  comment to yourself 
    ’ Of course that's what a CS rep for BT told you...’ with the appropriate amount of sarcasm 
  • flossy_splodge
    Options
    Thanks, I did get the implication but wondered if the poster had the temerity to call me a liar. I don't lie and it WAS said.
    And I've quoted it to my MP who is now looking into the whole debacle.
    Don't think I'm stupid enough to quote somehing that wasn't said, to my MP.
    Perhaps a bit more understanding that we do not all 'misconstrue' what is said to us?
  • iniltous
    edited 24 April at 12:56PM
    Options
    FWIW , I’m always a little confused when posters say they have an issue ( a non functioning line ) and immediately wonder if it’s an outage affecting others , it doesn’t matter if you have a fault that exclusively affects your service ( this is far and away the most likely circumstance ) or is part of a MSO ( major service outage ) affecting hundreds if not thousands of users ) the process is the same , you report it , it gets fixed , what does it matter if others are also affected or just you ?

As far as being told a lie ,  in what way does a BT customer service rep benefit by telling lies , it’s of no financial benefit to lie , it doesn’t help BT reduce costs , there is a world  of difference between being told something inaccurate ( but unintentionally so )  and being lied to , it’s entirely possible that some customer service representatives have a poor opinion of some of their colleagues but it’s not a good idea to say that to customers 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LvmKLUWky0
  • littleboo
    littleboo Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    What is your MP looking into, the fact you had a fault on your service or the fact the CS rep said what they said?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback