IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

G24 Parking - Leaving site - What proof ?

Options

Any advice on Parking ticket which arrived this morning at a friends house .. 

I have read the newbies thread and  advised them to contact the management company of the parking area to get it cancelled ( they have a receipt from a shop at the retail park on the same day) but just wondering what proof g24 would they actually have.

On the actual notice which came through the post , there are two photos of the car with times about 10 seconds apart but nothing else ,  what does it actually prove ?

No ticket was left on the car but the photos look like they were done in person rather than camera so would they have a physical warden patrolling the area  who spotted the driver leaving the area ? 

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,383 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Check the G24 website for any other photos they have of the incident. No 'leaving the site' charge gets anywhere, provided the motorist is robust. No caving and paying to make it go away. 

Have you read this case?  A little old, but an amusing read, some of the points that applied then have been overtaken as time has progressed.  No court case has been attempted since then, to general knowledge and understanding. 

Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,769 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    It can even be won at the IAS
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Grizebeck said:
    It can even be won at the IAS
    Agree, worth a punt, putting G24 to strict proof of their accusation. But don't be dismayed if, even without strict proof, they side with their paymasters. But, no paying, remember!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Shaps
    Shaps Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 April at 1:11PM
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    Check the G24 website for any other photos they have of the incident. No 'leaving the site' charge gets anywhere, provided the motorist is robust. No caving and paying to make it go away. 

Have you read this case?  A little old, but an amusing read, some of the points that applied then have been overtaken as time has progressed.  No court case has been attempted since then, to general knowledge and understanding. 

Tried the link for at the pepipoo.com website but it seems that it is down . 

A quick questions about the dates  ,if the issue date stamped on the letter is 17 days after the photo was taken of the car and it then it  arrives 25 days after the alleged incident would this make it void  ? The letter does not mention  POFA but does data protection ... a bit confused online as some say the notice should be given within 14 days while others 28 ?

Would this be enough to get the notice cancelled ?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 April at 12:44PM
    Options
    Easily winnable on the above two points, even at the IAS. As long as you don't blab who was driving.

POFA is explained and linked in the NEWBIES thread and there are no conflicting posts in this forum.  No-one says 28 days.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ivanleo
    ivanleo Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Shaps said:
    A replacement forum has been set up at https://ftla.uk
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    ivanleo said:
    Shaps said:
    A replacement forum has been set up at https://ftla.uk
    It was the VCS v Ibbotson transcript that was linked via PePiPoo; I'm pretty sure FTLA won't cover it.  Tried a quick Google search for it, but drew a blank. Not hugely important now. 

• patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    DAFT G24 ....  WALKING AWAY FROM A PARKED CAR has nothing to do with PARKING .... unless the car park is a prison

G24 are copying the rubbish of UKPC
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 27 April at 2:09PM
    Options
    But it's not a landmark case and should not be used.

Like loads of these old cases they should be consigned to history.  I don't know how people this week found that case and ParkingEye v Cargius, neither of which are of much use years later, if they were at all.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback