Will amendment

Options
Recently had a new Will drawn up with solicitor. Since then my daughters partner has left her, I had named him in the Will  to receive all my tools, I now want to amend this and leave them to my daughter, i don’t really want to go back to the solicitor to amend this and have another fee to pay, I understand I can make a codicil to amend this legally. Any help on writing this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,103 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    IANAL but I'd just type up something suitable saying "dropping Bob as a bene of any sort and whatever I said should go to him now goes to MsBullet instead".  dated, signed and witnessed.  

Would Bob ever find out?  Would Bob even care?  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If your will leaves your chattels to your daughter already, all you need is a codicil that revokes your bequest to her ex-partner. The following wording should suffice: 

This is the first (or nth) Codicil to the Last Will and Testament of me {your name} of {your address}

WHEREBY I REVOKE any bequests to {name of ex partner}.

In all other respects I CONFIRM my said Will. 
    AS WITNESS my hand this nth Day of Month Two Thousand and Twenty {n}
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback