British gas miscalculated bills

Options
zyta555
zyta555 Posts: 3 Newbie
First Post
Hi. Ive been moved into new system in 2022 and since that time my smart meter isn't working at all. Also since the transition my bills got errors : BG is charging me multiple times for the same period. Anyone else got the same issue?

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,114 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    By Smart Meter do you mean the one in the outdoor meter box or garage ?    That's the important one - you can ignore the In House Display in the kitchen.

Try pressing a button to liven up the display -  on the electric look for a kWh screen; for gas a M3 screen. Give these readings to BG
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • zyta555
    First Post
    Options
    sorry, i wasn't clear enough - the meter itself is working just not working as a smart meter. i can take the reading by myself (like with non smart meters) but the meter isn't sending them either to display or BG
  • zyta555
    First Post
    Options
    The meter isn't a massive problem here - i can always take readings like in the past ;) but the incorrect billing is. and BG doesn't see any issue here
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,120 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I think there's been a number of reports of BG messing up bills and doing odd recalcs.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,114 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Use your own readings and do some simple calcs to work out the cost. Then  - less any DD's -  put enough aside once BG has sorted themselves out.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure