Keep unplugging and plugging not enough space

Options
sim2335
sim2335 Posts: 574 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper

I have PlayStation 5 and switch and work laptop and big screen connected to laptop

TVs above on wall.

When I want to use PlayStation or switch I have to swap plugs around etc it’s so annoying, 

I only have one hdmi cable use it for what I need it, ie laptop to big screen switch or PlayStation.

I know the obvious thing get hdmi split and big plug to plug everything in, the issue with that is not enough space.

So laptop is on table, when I want to play switch I can add that to table, but have to take it off for work to have more space, the ps5 I have to totally unplug laptop move it and put ps5 there from floor 

So how can I have it all plugged in so all I need to do is switch on what I want to play?

Comments

• CouldntResist
    CouldntResist Posts: 91 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 April at 9:28AM
    Options
    Have more than one hdmi cable to the tv?

Although the HDMI switch I have is about the size of a pack of cards so don't see why using something like that would present that much issue
  • cerebus
    cerebus Posts: 677 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hdmi switch and bigger table or build shelves under table and put switch and ps5 there

Given how little space a ps5 and switch take up seeing as they can be stood up how small is your table?
  • sim2335
    sim2335 Posts: 574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What about wall mount for ps5 and switch?

Small basic office desk from Argos 
  • CouldntResist
    CouldntResist Posts: 91 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 April at 4:37PM
    Options
    Why do you suddenly need a wall mount (and if you did want one just get one, not sure what you want us to tell you apart from your table is too small, get a bigger one?)

I'm not sure what problem we are solving here - an HDMI switch with your PS5 and Switch permanently connected to it and a flying lead for laptop does everything you need in terms of connection

or

Having an HDMI lead from your TV to each device does everything you need in terms of connection

Where it all goes is down to you....

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure