Student finance application 2024

Options
Celina73
Celina73 Posts: 13 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 15 April at 9:47AM in Student MoneySaving
Iam seeking help as we are trying to fill in application for DD University. We are supposed to declare taxable income what do I do if my income is Non Taxable? 
 I.e in p60 tax deducted 0. Tax code NT (non taxable) should I still declare it. Also same for partner pension wise . I'm so confused.

Thanks in advance for help 

Comments

• itsthelittlethings
    Options
    That’s still taxable income I think. Just because you earned below the personal allowance means it wasn’t taxed. Not that it’s not taxable. Some benefits aren’t taxable ie PIP I think. Gifts aren’t taxable.

I hope someone else will correct me if I’m wrong.
  • annabanana82
    annabanana82 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you been asked to provide figures? This year my Husband and I have been told they will go direct to HMRC for the figures once we've done our declaration 
    Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,988 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You may be paying tax directly through your self assessment on this income, so it could still be taxable. It may also be subject to NI contributions, which would mean it is included for student loan calculations.

more advice over on the student board. I’ll ask the forum team to move this thread to there.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • MSE_ForumTeam5
    MSE_ForumTeam5 Posts: 968 Community Admin
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Moved to student board as per @silvercar's suggestion above
    Official MSE Forum Team member. Please use the 'report' button to alert us to problem posts, or email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback