Ulster Bank - Premier Customers

Options
Do you automatically become a "Premier customer" if eligibility criteria is met or do you need to apply? "To qualify for Premier, you will normally need a sole annual income of at least £75,000 paid into your Ulster Bank account (£100,000 in the case of a joint application), or savings and investments of at least £100,000 held with us or another financial institution (proof of savings required)."
If automatic, does the dashboard indicate in some way that status?

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,525 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You apply for it with every other bank including other parts of the RBS Group so dont see why Ulster would be any different. 
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You could be invited to it but you probably need to have enabled all the marketing notifications....if you meet it you can just apply online very easily. 
  • 1spiral
    1spiral Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you both for your replies. The reason for asking was that yesterday I needed to withdraw 26K. I did a withdrawal of 25K (which I thought was their daily limit). I then thought whilst logged in I'd try the extra 1K which was also successful. I then decided to check and see if they had changed their daily limit only to see that it is actually 20K per day. From their website it appears only Premier and Business customers can exceed this with a limit of 50K. I'm not a Business customer so wondered whether I'd somehow become a Premier customer. I've certainly never applied for it and have never been invited so how I managed to withdraw 26K is a mystery to me.
  • PloughmansLunch
    PloughmansLunch Posts: 495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    1spiral said:
    Thank you both for your replies. The reason for asking was that yesterday I needed to withdraw 26K. I did a withdrawal of 25K (which I thought was their daily limit). I then thought whilst logged in I'd try the extra 1K which was also successful. I then decided to check and see if they had changed their daily limit only to see that it is actually 20K per day. From their website it appears only Premier and Business customers can exceed this with a limit of 50K. I'm not a Business customer so wondered whether I'd somehow become a Premier customer. I've certainly never applied for it and have never been invited so how I managed to withdraw 26K is a mystery to me.
    Did you make a subsequent withdrawal after 6:30pm? that’s when the daily limit resets, so after this time of day it’s possible to move more using some (or all) of the next working day’s allowance. 
  • 1spiral
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    1spiral said:
    Did you make a subsequent withdrawal after 6:30pm? that’s when the daily limit resets, so after this time of day it’s possible to move more using some (or all) of the next working day’s allowance. 

No, they were both made within a minute of each other at 11ish in the morning. Besides, that still wouldn't get round how the first withdrawal of 25K occurred when 20K is the supposed maximum.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,639 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Their FAQ in the app say a limited number of payments above the limit is possible if you are enrolled in their biometric approval system 
  • 1spiral
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    gt94sss2 said:
    Their FAQ in the app say a limited number of payments above the limit is possible if you are enrolled in their biometric approval system 

That's interesting however still not the case here as I transact via PC. I don't even have their app.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback