Cancelling CCJ timeline (paid within 30 days)

Options
*pinkie*
*pinkie* Posts: 122 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 11 April at 3:51PM in Credit file & ratings
Anyone have experience of how long it took to get a CCJ cancelled, the court to issue a certificate of cancelling and/or removed from credit file?

Partner got a CCj for a parking fine, paid within 30 days, legal company said they’d inform the court but he filled a N443 form as a belt and braces approach.

As we were literally about to start a mortgage application for a house, need it resolved asap, so called the court who said there was up to an 11 week backlog of dealing with correspondence.

Anyone got any nice stories of where a bank has allowed an application to go through with proof of payment in full of CCJ only, or that the legal company actually contacted the court and the natural process did not take an age?!

Comments

• cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,310 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I believe the courts update once a month - so depends on when your CCJ is cleared in that month's timeline. So if the court sent off their monthly update yesterday, and your CCJ was cleared today, then it's not going to get 'updated' until the next month comes around. Then the CRA's have to apply the date internally - so it's not an instant process. However the 'live' credit report will likely update before you see it on the free apps, as they in turn are generally updated once a month. I can't advise on what mortgage providers might or might not say - but I wouldn't proceed until it's absolutely clear.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Lenders will perform a search on the official registry as part of their underwriting process. 

https://www.trustonline.org.uk/
  • *pinkie*
    *pinkie* Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 April at 2:30PM
    Options
    Just an update in case anyone find this thread in future…
    The court was contacted 2 days after sending in the N443 to see if they had received it/ when would it be processed. Person on the other end of the phone told us it would take up to 11 weeks to deal with the query 

However tried the approach of wait a few more days, call again and see if we get a different answer. A bit of persistence from my partner managed to get the operator to search his case file there and then. They could then see that the creditors had sent through notification and if we paid £14 there and then, would process and email over the certificate of cancellation :-)

Contacted the registry trust the next day who confirmed notification had been received from the court to remove the CCJ and they had informed the credit reference agencies.

Three days later one of the CRA’s reports had already been updated with it removed.

So the backlog is in the courts but the luck of getting a sympathetic operator and persisting enough meant it only took a couple of weeks to get sorted :-)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback