Naff Neff Slide & Hide Door.

Options
We've had our Neff oven with Slide & Hide door since 2015, and we're quite pleased with it overall. However, this time, when we removed the door to disassemble and clean it, the blimmin' thing won't relocate properly when we try to put it back.
The oven minus door:
For some reason, the lugs on the bottom of each side of the door, won't go into the part of the roller mechanism that seems designed to take them. Both sides of this are in the 'unlocked' position as per the handbook and the groove in the door slides over the wheel guides OK:
This picture isn't so clear, but it shows the groove in the door side and the lug at the bottom. The lug may be moved slightly with the oven handle.
We have tried about 15 times to refit the door, during which we've messed up the heat shielding around the oven opening, that's so frayed we'll need to replace it. Trying without the heat shielding seal makes no difference.
Perhaps someone who knows about these can see/imagine what's going wrong and advise. We're not phoning Neff/Bosch/Siemens because we've been there and done that before over the warming drawer with a design fault we now use as a crisps bin! They' ll just want to send a person identifying as an expensive engineer out. We do have a local guy who isn't answering his phone, but in the meantime I thought I'd ask here. :)
Many thanks for any help.

“Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities.”
― Aldous Huxley

Comments

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,668 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Middle photo with the bit arrowed as "Lug" - Does that little bit of black plastic rotate a bit to expose the slot in the metal lug fully ?
    If the slot is fully exposed, I would expect the door to drop straight in.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Also does the bracket with the two wheels on not fold down to the horizontal so the door can slide in.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Dustyevsky
    Dustyevsky Posts: 1,408 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Options
    FreeBear said:
    Middle photo with the bit arrowed as "Lug" - Does that little bit of black plastic rotate a bit to expose the slot in the metal lug fully ?
    If the slot is fully exposed, I would expect the door to drop straight in.
    Yes, it's unfortunate the photo was taken when the plastic wasn't fully rotated, though even when it is, it still seems to foul the slot a little. I will take another picture tomorrow. I can't see how the plastic collar that moves and locks the lug in once it's properly located, could have got into the 'wrong' position, especially on both sides at the same time. It only seems to have one position possible.
    Ganga said:
    Also does the bracket with the two wheels on not fold down to the horizontal so the door can slide in.
    No, it isn't supposed to do that when fitting the door back. The handbook shows it as it's pictured for re-fitting, and the strong springs on it keep it in place. If the bottom lugs don't locate correctly and aren't locked in, the roller mechanism allows the door to move down and back towards the horizontal, but then detaches itself.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still hopeful someone who works on these finds the thread. It's a puzzle, because we've had the door off several times before with no problems.
    “Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities.”
    ― Aldous Huxley
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 April at 8:44PM
    Options
    Type Neff Slide and Hide doors into YouTube. 

You may find your answer there. 

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,994 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    *Makes note never to attempt to remove doors*

was going to offer to take a photo of the door when in place, if that helps, but there is little to see.

I always clean the door by holding it open before it starts to slide, won’t that make it clean enough? 

An option may be to contact a local oven cleaning company as they should have worked on these doors.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Dustyevsky
    Options
    Never thought of YouTube, and I'm on there every other day. Thanks!
    silvercar said:
    *Makes note never to attempt to remove doors*

was going to offer to take a photo of the door when in place, if that helps, but there is little to see.

I always clean the door by holding it open before it starts to slide, won’t that make it clean enough? 

An option may be to contact a local oven cleaning company as they should have worked on these doors.
    Eventually, stuff does seem to get inside the door, and my OH is fussy. (probably not any more!) We have a similar second oven, not used much, so its door's never been taken apart, but as you say, there's not much to see.
    I will get that photo today and look more carefully at the rotating collar.

― Aldous Huxley
  • Dustyevsky
    Options
    A quick update. Neil49's suggestion came good. There are several very helpful videos on YouTube and after watching two we were able to fit the door. The key was locking the guides in the correct angled position before offering-up the door.  This wasn't made very clear in the handbook.
    This was the video we found most useful:
    Thanks everyone. :)
    ― Aldous Huxley
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure