Lebara - incorrect CLI

Options
J_B
J_B Posts: 6,453 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
edited 6 April at 9:10AM in Techie Stuff
Mrs B ported to Lebara back in the autumn from Three (think the number was from Orange originally) She has an I Phone
She had a text from RC which she acknowledged. Then RC text back saying "who's this". "It's Mrs B", she replied ... "well it's not coming up with your number"

Mrs B sent some photos by I Message to her dad's I Pad and they came up as being from the same random number.
We tested it last night to my Android/O2 phone and her sisters I Phone/Vodafone and it wall worked fine.

Glitch or what?

EDIT -
Turns out that the number on the CLI was the number that Lebara had given her

Comments

• PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That's a bit confusing. Who is RC?

Caller Line Identity refers to a landline phone showing an incoming callers number. 

Are you saying that when she sends an  iMessage the message seems to come from the temporary number she was given before she ported in her own number?

If so, it means she registered for iMessage with the temporary number but didn't re-register with the new number. To cure this, Turn off iMessage. Turn the handset off and on. Make sure her correct number is showing in Settings. Turn on iMessage again. 
  • J_B
    edited 7 April at 8:15AM
    Options
    PHK said:
    Just a friend of MrsB

Caller Line Identity refers to a landline phone showing an incoming callers number.
    Sorry if I've used the wrong terminology - I mean the number that comes up when you receive a message

Are you saying that when she sends an  iMessage the message seems to come from the temporary number she was given before she ported in her own number?
    On this occasion, yes, but it's worked perfectly for the last 5/6 (?) years

If so, it means she registered for iMessage with the temporary number but didn't re-register with the new number.
    As above she never used the temporary number

To cure this, Turn off iMessage. Turn the handset off and on.
    Turned the handset off on Friday night but she's not used it much since - we mainly use Whatsapp

Make sure her correct number is showing in Settings. Turn on iMessage again.
    Just dug into the I Message settings and bizarrely, it was set to this temporary number!
    I've changed it back but it currently has the spinning circle saying "waiting for activation"
    Just to compound the issue we had a power cut last night so we've only just put it in charge (it was down to 7%) not sure if that's relevant??
    She's *never* used this number and has been happily using her 'proper' number for 25 (?) years and  iMessage has always worked since she jumped on the Apple bandwagon many years ago.

Do you think Lebara have somehow done this?

Answers above ...

EDIT - all turned off and on and it now seems to have reactivated it with the correct number - most odd

Next aPple conundrum to follow in a new message ....
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don’t think you can point the finger at Lebara. :)

No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • PHK
    edited 7 April at 12:17PM
    Options
    J_B said:
    PHK said:
    Just a friend of MrsB

Sorry if I've used the wrong terminology - I mean the number that comes up when you receive a message

On this occasion, yes, but it's worked perfectly for the last 5/6 (?) years

If so, it means she registered for iMessage with the temporary number but didn't re-register with the new number.
    As above she never used the temporary number

To cure this, Turn off iMessage. Turn the handset off and on.
    Turned the handset off on Friday night but she's not used it much since - we mainly use Whatsapp

Make sure her correct number is showing in Settings. Turn on iMessage again.
    Just dug into the I Message settings and bizarrely, it was set to this temporary number!
    I've changed it back but it currently has the spinning circle saying "waiting for activation"
    Just to compound the issue we had a power cut last night so we've only just put it in charge (it was down to 7%) not sure if that's relevant??
    She's *never* used this number and has been happily using her 'proper' number for 25 (?) years and  iMessage has always worked since she jumped on the Apple bandwagon many years ago.

Do you think Lebara have somehow done this?

Answers above ...

EDIT - all turned off and on and it now seems to have reactivated it with the correct number - most odd

Next aPple conundrum to follow in a new message ....
    No, theres no real mystery here. When she ported the number to Lebara the phone picked up the temporary number stored on the SIM. 

That's why the advice is to turn off iMessages or Google RCS during a port. 

Glad it's working. 
  • J_B
    Options
    PHK said:
    No, theres no real mystery here. When she ported the number to Lebara the phone picked up the temporary number stored on the SIM. 

Glad it's working. 
    Hmm, but she ported the number 9 months ago and this issue only raised it's head 4 days ago.
    🤷‍♂️

• PHK
    Options
    J_B said:
    PHK said:

Glad it's working. 
    Hmm, but she ported the number 9 months ago and this issue only raised it's head 4 days ago.
    🤷‍♂️

Only discovered four days ago. 
  • J_B
    Options
    PHK said:
    J_B said:
    PHK said:

Glad it's working. 
    🤷‍♂️

Only discovered four days ago. 

Are you suggesting that it's been happening for 9 months and we've not noticed before?
    If so, that suggestion is incorrect
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure