Car swap help!

Options
Hi there I done a straight swap on a car 3 days ago we both done a test drive and both were happy so we done the paperwork and off I went. Now the other person is telling me it’s knocking really bad and the clutch is high. When we swapped there was nothing wrong with either car and I hadn’t had any issues with the car when I had it. The mot was done in February it failed on rear brakes and exhaust all of which were done then it passed with no advisories. I have no idea where I stand on this? Any help very much appreciated 

Comments

• 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They have no come back. There is no warranty with private sales / swaps.

Unless they can prove you have hidden defects and not been honest they they can be ignored.
  • Whitestelm
    Whitestelm Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    400ixl said:
    They have no come back. There is no warranty with private sales / swaps.

Unless they can prove you have hidden defects and not been honest they they can be ignored.
    Thank you thats what I thought I know for a fact there was nothing wrong with it at the time they said their uncle is going to have a look at it which sounds a bit suspicious to me but we will see what happens 
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Their "uncle" will find loads of things wrong with the car.  So they will demand that you send lots of money to them to fix the problems.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • LightFlare
    LightFlare Posts: 557 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ectophile said:
    Their "uncle" will find loads of things wrong with the car.  So they will demand that you send lots of money to them to fix the problems.
    or possibly swapping perfectly serviceable parts into a broken vehicle they have and then just offering to swap back.

Block and ignore
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure