Does Lloyds Bank Computer Take The Weekend Off?

Options
13»

Comments

• wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 6 April at 4:07PM
    Options
    wmb194 said:

Did you see my comment? You can make the transfer today, make it 'immediately', and it should arrive at Paragon today but it will be dated Monday on your statement. Lloyds' computers don't take the weekend off.

The next question to ask is whether Paragon pays interest on deposits received at the weekend as not all institutions will.
    I didn't want to make the donkey work today, I wanted to do it yesterday. My money; my choice.

Regarding "Sleeping Computers".  Here is a cut and paste from Lloyds Bank Payment section:

"Payments that fall on a weekend or public holiday will be taken on the next working day". That's where I got my information.

If they were wide awake surely they "could" do it on a weekend?  I think earlier helpful comments are the most likely reason that when the computerised system was set up it was based on the days banks were open.  I wonder if the guy doing the programing thought of restricting use to high street banking hours, eg 9.30 am - 4.00 pm?

Sorry, I'm just nodding off!
    It only takes two seconds to do it... If you're desperate to do it today you can.
  • Malchester
    Malchester Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I thought it worked from its holiday home in Benidorm most of the year anyway. Living together with the Halifax computer system 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback