CCJ/Consent Form Help

Options
Good Afternoon Everyone!

I have been given a CCJ for an overpayment in a previous job, which i accept. I was disappointed I got a CCJ because it could have been avoided if we put a payment plan in place.  The ccj was put on my file in November, I have been paying the ccj back to the company, they have said once it is fully paid they will happily agree to a consent form to set the ccj aside. Is there a time limit for me to be able to submit a consent form to the court after the ccj? 

Thanks in advance for any help on this. 

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,955 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Set aside should be applied for promptly, courts do not like the system being played in this fashion, the judge on the day may not agree to a set aside, even by consent, the money was owed, you failed to agree terms, therefore the judgement was valid.

Depends what happens on the day to a great extent, but it is always only granted at the discretion of the court.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback