Options
2»

Comments

• cmthephoenix
    cmthephoenix Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ChrisJJ said:
    I asked my GP surgery if they would be willing to draw the blood for me to send off for private testing and amazingly, they were willing. So that's what I did. I did this as finger stabbing never works for me, my fingers appear to be bloodless. 
    You can’t get a full blood test by a finger stab of blood, you need 2 tubes.  I’m due my annual diabetic check tomorrow and I’m one of these people who they find it very very difficult to draw blood from.   :D
    Do you use a local numbing spray (like cryogesic) before the blood is drawn - it was a game changer for me.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ChrisJJ said:
    I asked my GP surgery if they would be willing to draw the blood for me to send off for private testing and amazingly, they were willing. So that's what I did. I did this as finger stabbing never works for me, my fingers appear to be bloodless. 
    You can’t get a full blood test by a finger stab of blood, you need 2 tubes.  I’m due my annual diabetic check tomorrow and I’m one of these people who they find it very very difficult to draw blood from.   :D
    Do you use a local numbing spray (like cryogesic) before the blood is drawn - it was a game changer for me.
    No Ive never needed that.  We have a new nurse at the surgery, she got blood out of me with no effort - first time in years  :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback