Overweight parcel when not overweight

Options
Has anyone ever sent a parcel with Royal Mail which has been rejected and returned for being overweight (when it's not overweight).

Posted a RM 48 parcel on Monday, weighs just over 6kg but purchased the up to 10kg medium parcel on RM website, just went on to tracking today to check it's progress and it says:

"Rejected overweight at outward RDC".

I've got the POP here which shows the weight.  I presume from tracking that I'm going to receive it back tomorrow.  Any idea what I should do, can I take it back to the sorting office once it's been delivered back to me and explain and see if they will accept it and send it  on.

Anyone got any ideas please?
Thanks

Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time

Comments

• steviebabes
    steviebabes Posts: 2,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have seen this in tracking, I don't think it means overweight for the postage paid. It's some internal protocol. maybe too heavy for a plane? If the weight was wrong it would still get to the buyers delivery office but would be surcharged.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,558 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Not had it with RM but have had it with couriers; they dont return the goods but instead charge you the excess costs. 

Have challenged it before and each time have been sent a photo as "proof" which is taken by their machines as "weight" is weight and/or volume and the picture shows the package with their measure of weight and the dimensions. In each cases its had my parcel and another parcel partially tucked under it so the machine has weighed/measured the two together and counted them as one odd shaped parcel. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback