Health Insurance - advice

Options
LittleWonder_2
LittleWonder_2 Posts: 32 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 3 April at 3:50PM in Insurance & life assurance
I'm looking into taking out health insurance. I'm getting to the age (early 40s...)  where I'm having a few aches and pains that might be nothing, but might equally develop into something. I'd like to have a full health assessment but think it would be prudent to take out health insurance first. 

If you had symptoms of a potential condition but no diagnosis, does this count as a pre-exisiting condition? 

If you currently have symptoms but have not sought medical treatment, does this count as a pre-exisiting condition? 

Any advice gratefully recieved. 

Comments

• newatc
    newatc Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would have thought they go by your doctor's notes, if they investigate further, so if there is no indication there they will have no reason to refuse a claim. 

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,801 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If you had symptoms of a potential condition but no diagnosis, does this count as a pre-exisiting condition? 

If you currently have symptoms but have not sought medical treatment, does this count as a pre-exisiting condition? 
    Each company will have its own definition of Pre-Existing Condition but yes I'd expect almost all, if not all, to consider any symptoms that are without diagnosis to be a pre-existing condition; as there is no diagnosis no one will cover them as they won't know what it is to see if its in their risk appetite. 

It's like waiting for a horse raise to start and just as the horses are about to start the final straight going to the bookies to try and put a bet on. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback