IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

ParktoShop TESCO Swansea

Options
Parked in Tesco Swansea 2/4/24. Was there just under 2 hours, but wasn't sure exact time. Got voucher code to validate parking. No machines working. Notice said no need to validate here but can validate online. I tried to do this, but when reg detail put in, it came up with with a validation I did yesterday 1/4/24.  It won't allow validation for todays visit. I have e-mailed them but no reply.
Any thoughts?

Thanks. HARRY

Comments

• nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Which PPC? Have you received a PCN or are you just planning on getting one? In which case, please have a thorough read of the Newbies/FAQ thread.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,955 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You should be able to do it today.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • HARRY_KARRY
    HARRY_KARRY Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi! Update clarification. Parking voucher states. "You can validate online at etc  ............. by midnight tonight ." [my bold] Id Est by midnight on the same day that you parked.

APCOA is the parking company. Terms and conditions point 2.2. "The validation must be done no later than 24hrs after exiting car park to avoid parking charge notice." The question now is, if it won't accept  the validation for the day in question (by midnight) does this create a failure to abide by the terms as stated on the validation voucher? 
    hmmm!? HK

Have I overthought this???
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Definite overthinking, because even if you receive an APCOA PCN, they are probably the easiest parking firm to beat. You have nothing to worry about, come back on this thread if anything further happens. 

You should badger Tesco because if there is a system failure, others are going to be in the same situation. Suggest to Tesco you are doing them a favour by bringing this to their attention as they could well be getting many disgruntled shoppers - like you - in the next few days/weeks. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • HARRY_KARRY
    HARRY_KARRY Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks all. Have validated voucher again, this pm on APCOA  site. Took photo of acceptance of validation. Asked for e-mail confirmation as well. HK. 

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Give him a fishing rod and he will put it on eBay.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,955 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 April at 5:13PM
    Options
    OK and if you get a PCN, don't go appealing saying who was driving.

Just search APCOA POFA appeal and change results to newest.

These are a cinch for a KEEPER to win. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure