Minimum payment not clearing

Options
Hello, I opened a Santander edge up credit card recently for day to day spending as there is 2% cash back. 

I got the first statement on 15th March, paid it that day and got my cash back. I checked today and the payment shows, my current balance is less but there is still a minimum payment showing by 10Th April. If I click ‘pay my credit card’ it comes up with the statement amount as the suggested option.

my old credit card (Halifax) cleared the minimum payment on online banking once it processed. 

Do I need to pay more? 

Comments

• 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,119 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello, I opened a Santander edge up credit card recently for day to day spending as there is 2% cash back. 

I got the first statement on 15th March, paid it that day and got my cash back. I checked today and the payment shows, my current balance is less but there is still a minimum payment showing by 10Th April. If I click ‘pay my credit card’ it comes up with the statement amount as the suggested option.

my old credit card (Halifax) cleared the minimum payment on online banking once it processed. 

Do I need to pay more? 
    Did you setup the DD to pay the full balance.
    When I make ad hoc payment to a
    Barclays CC it tells you the remaining amount will be collected on the usual date and if you clear the whole balance they would not be a DD demanded.
    Due to the fee and cap on this card using it beyond the year isn't worth it

• Letsgetmoving
    Letsgetmoving Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don’t have a dd set up, I’ll just pay it off when I get paid rather than it come out mid month. 

Yes once the year is up and it’s down to 1% I’ll be looking elsewhere. 

Thanks for the reply. 
  • Tony5896
    Tony5896 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I have noticed this with Santander .. they don't seem to update the minimum payment due  until the next bill .. 
  • penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Get Santander to change the DD date until the day after you pay day
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Tony5896 said:
    I have noticed this with Santander .. they don't seem to update the minimum payment due  until the next bill .. 
    Min payment is as per statement sent.
    If you get a paper statement. They are not going to send another one out if you make a payment.
    Life in the slow lane
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure