HMRC ONLINE TAX

Options
Hey folks. I am a sole trader and have recently started full time employment. Since new job i have ceased trading. I am about to apply for credit. My question is, is the total tax i will pay itemised between both, or is each one listed seprately with HMRC? I have been told that all tax paid is against the individuals name and not different occupations. Thank you in advance

Comments

• Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,735 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gerber1 said:
    Hey folks. I am a sole trader and have recently started full time employment. Since new job i have ceased trading. I am about to apply for credit. My question is, is the total tax i will pay itemised between both, or is each one listed seprately with HMRC? I have been told that all tax paid is against the individuals name and not different occupations. Thank you in advance
    Not quite sure what you mean by 'itemised'. Your accounts as a sole trader might be what you have in mind to support your application for credit, plus confirmation from your employer of your new job/salary?

Do you have a personal tax account? If not, setting one up might help: https://www.gov.uk/personal-tax-account
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • Gerber1
    Gerber1 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Marcon said:
    Gerber1 said:
    Not quite sure what you mean by 'itemised'. Your accounts as a sole trader might be what you have in mind to support your application for credit, plus confirmation from your employer of your new job/salary?

Do you have a personal tax account? If not, setting one up might help: https://www.gov.uk/personal-tax-account
    Hi. What i mean is will tax paid from both revenue streams be listed separately, or is it just the total amount of tax owed?  Cheers
  • anmarj
    anmarj Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    when you do your tax return you will be able to add any paid employment paid during the tax year, along with tax paid on that, then HMRC look at both the self employment and paid employment and will calculate if you are due tax or due a tax refund.
  • Dazed_and_C0nfused
    Dazed_and_C0nfused Posts: 13,526 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Gerber1 said:
    Marcon said:
    Gerber1 said:

Hi. What i mean is will tax paid from both revenue streams be listed separately, or is it just the total amount of tax owed?  Cheers
    They will be listed separately within your Self Assessment calculation (SA302).

If PAYE tax has been deducted during the year you include details of that along with your earnings.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback