Using RM Tracked at the Post Office

Options
I always try to use stamps on my parcels for various reasons, so I was a bit disappointed to see that the £50 insurance for RM Signed has been reduced to £20 in the latest price changes. Looking at the new RM price guide I see that they are now including RM Tracked 24 & 48 prices, which are a little more than the online prices, although it doesn't say what the compensation figure is. Does anyone know whether the compensation is the same as buying it online and also does this mean that I can take a stamped parcel into the PO as long as I used the prices on the guide?
TIA

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,250 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I always try to use stamps on my parcels for various reasons, so I was a bit disappointed to see that the £50 insurance for RM Signed has been reduced to £20 in the latest price changes. Looking at the new RM price guide I see that they are now including RM Tracked 24 & 48 prices, which are a little more than the online prices, although it doesn't say what the compensation figure is. Does anyone know whether the compensation is the same as buying it online and also does this mean that I can take a stamped parcel into the PO as long as I used the prices on the guide?
    TIA
    Firstly as Royal Mail are responsible for the compensation it has to be the same whether you buy at the PO or direct from RM, even though the costs of actual buying the service are different. 

As to whether you can use stamps to buy RM 48 you may have to ask as i suspect the post office staff will need to be able to identify the parcel as an enhanced service one and make sure that is recorded on the POP. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback