PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Conveyancing solicitors in North West Glasgow

Options
Any advice on conveyancing solicitors?

Good experiences, bad experiences, company names and individual names please.

Thank you!

Comments

• Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We used Axis Legal for a recent sale, they are in Lancashire but everything can easily be done either online or via the post (I don't live in Lancashire), everything went smoothly and would 100% recommend.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • user1977
    user1977 Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    We used Axis Legal for a recent sale, they are in Lancashire but everything can easily be done either online or via the post (I don't live in Lancashire), everything went smoothly and would 100% recommend.
    Great, but they’re not going to be qualified to do anything in Scotland!
  • alligin
    alligin Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have used CherylMcCourt AT lindsays DOT co DOT uk

• usernameusername
    Options
    Thanks alligin. Any feedback on them? 
  • theartfullodger
    theartfullodger Posts: 14,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If selling, many estate agents in Scotland also have a solicitors department....
  • alligin
    alligin Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks alligin. Any feedback on them? 

No issues. It was all straightforward. The only thing to be aware of is that they are in the city centre so may not have local knowledge, if that's important to you from a making offers and a conveyancing point of view.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I used Inksters in the Edinburgh office but they also have a Glasgow office.

No issues despite being during Covid restrictions. 

They gave me a fixed cost for conveyancing, but searches etc were extra.
  • Janes888
    Janes888 Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have always used Jain, Neil and Ruddy solicitors (JNR Solicitors) for any purchases and never had a problem.  Excellent service especially when I had to purchase to a deadline using a bridging loan when they ensured everything was did quickly and efficiently
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback