Sky Protect Home Insurance Cancellation

Options
Help!!  Background - I have taken out home insurance for my own property and that of my mother-in -law (89years old ) and Aunt (96 years old) in the last few months. Big mistake  - according to Sky Protect and their underwriters Zurich. I did this as you can imagine in the modern world it is not easy for the elderly to deal with businesses who tend to channel everyone on line. To facilitate insurance cover for my relatives properties I obtained quotes and paid for their policies with my own credit card (They reimburse me with cash). Apparently this caused a red flag with Zurich believing I may be a 'ghost landlord'! Now despite ringing and speaking to Sky Protect on several occasions to explain the situation ( I cannot be the only person who does this to help out elderly relatives) they have now cancelled with immediate effect all three home insurance policies.
I would therefore caution any one from dealing with them as their customer service is very poor but I am reaching out to see if anyone else has had this problem. As well as the inconvience I have a real problem as any new insurer asks if you have ever had a policy cancelled. If you answer yes most companies won't touch you! I would be grateful for any advice from anyone who has been in a similar position. I have lodged a formal complaint with Sky Protect and I intend to also raise it with the Financial Ombudsman.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback