HSBC Global Strategy Fee Increase?

Options
Mothman
Mothman Posts: 274 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
edited 29 March at 11:45AM in Savings & investments
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but someone on another forum posted that the fees for the HSBC Global Strategy range of funds were to increase from 28th March. The below linked pdf document from January would seem to confirms this, though they would also seem to be implementing a discount structure based on fund size.

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Comments

• JohnWinder
    JohnWinder Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Do you have a Vanguard representative?
  • Aminatidi
    Aminatidi Posts: 556 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Interesting as I have a chunk in HSBC Global Strategy Balanced and the trend on fees does seem to be downwards so increasing them seems a bit brave.

Not something I'd change over but still a little bit disappointing.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 March at 2:16PM
    Options
    Do you have a Vanguard representative?
    Yes.  Indeed, I spoke with him a few weeks ago.  Most of the fund houses have reps.  

Interesting as I have a chunk in HSBC Global Strategy Balanced and the trend on fees does seem to be downwards so increasing them seems a bit brave.
    The HSBC GS funds had drifted down in cost over the last few years without any fanfare or announcement.   They are still undercutting Vanguard (both the VLS OEIC and both versions of the VLS MPS).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks OP ... I had no idea; my investments are wholly in HSBC Global Strategy Dynamic Acc C and Balanced Acc C, 50:50, using platforms AJ Bell and iWeb. Very disappointing that I received no communication and gives me a reason to move.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    dealyboy said:
    Thanks OP ... I had no idea; my investments are wholly in HSBC Global Strategy Dynamic Acc C and Balanced Acc C, 50:50, using platforms AJ Bell and iWeb. Very disappointing that I received no communication and gives me a reason to move.
    Not sure that OCF increases of 0.02% and 0.03% are really significant enough to warrant express notification from platform to investor, but then again I wouldn't see them as reason to move either - did you mean that you're moving platforms because of lack of communication or moving funds because of a small OCF increase (or both)?
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dealyboy said:

Do they have to tell you, if the fees (as part of the fund price) changes?

Is this the AMC? 
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    dealyboy said:
    Not sure that OCF increases of 0.02% and 0.03% are really significant enough to warrant express notification from platform to investor, but then again I wouldn't see them as reason to move either - did you mean that you're moving platforms because of lack of communication or moving funds because of a small OCF increase (or both)?
    Thanks esk ... fair question ... just gives me a reason. I think an increase of 12% and 17% on the charge without being informed leads me to question my previous 'buy and forget' choices, I will now look at alternatives.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    dealyboy said:
    Thanks, crossed posts 😉

Not worth worrying about, in the grand scheme of things.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • GeoffTF
    GeoffTF Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 29 March at 4:15PM
    Options
    HSBC has form for this. They increased the fees on two of their UK trackers IIRC. You would not have known unless you were monitoring updates of the KIID. AFAIK, none of the popular platforms inform existing investors about changes to fund charges.
    Vanguard's charges have gone steadily down, but they have not been reduced for some time (2019 appears to have been the last batch of reductions).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback