Switching to Natwest select/rewards account

Options
GardenGal2024
GardenGal2024 Posts: 2 Newbie
First Post
edited 28 March at 4:10PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Just tried to switch current accounts to Natwest Rewards and because I have no photo ID (Passport has ran out and I don't drive) I have been told I can switch but because I am not providing photo ID will not get the £200 switch incentive. 
Has anyone else experienced this and is this the correct information I have been given? 
I have switched bank accounts many times over the years for the cash incentives and have never been refused an incentive based on lack of photo ID!
Many thanks! 

Comments

• PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 March at 4:50PM
    Options
    Account opening and account switching are two separate processes, regardless of the fact they are submitted using a single application form.

You need to first open the NatWest account, which will require ID. A list of acceptable ID can be found on their website here: https://www.natwest.com/current-accounts/what-do-you-need-to-open-a-current-account.html. They might require you to provide non-photo ID in branch as I suspect their online document service isn't designed to deal with these cases.

Only once your account is open will the switch proceed. If you meet all the T&Cs of the switch offer then you will be automatically paid the incentive. Photo ID is not one of those requirements.
  • GardenGal2024
    Options
    Thank you! That's really helpful, appreciate your time! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback