SIPP for investment in international stocks and ETFs?

Options
Hi there.

I have a SIPP with Fidelity in the UK. To my disappointment I have found that I am only able to invest in UK stocks and ETFs from this product. Does anyone know of a provider that offers a SIPP that allows me to invest in US stocks and ETFs (especially one that would also allow me to allocate 1-3% of my portfolio to the IBIT spot Bitcoin ETF, for example)?

Thanks so much in advance!

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 March at 1:53PM
    Options
    To my disappointment I have found that I am only able to invest in UK stocks and ETFs from this product.
    Most ETFs are domiciled in Ireland or Luxemburg. Very few are in the UK.  Fidelity allows those.

Does anyone know of a provider that offers a SIPP that allows me to invest in US stocks and ETFs (especially one that would also allow me to allocate 1-3% of my portfolio to the IBIT spot Bitcoin ETF, for example)?
    No.  Most US ETFs do not comply with MIFIDII and are not offered to retail investors.      They either need a KIID or be UCITS

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback