IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Away for 6 weeks

Options
I’m away from home for 6 weeks and may well get a letter of claim within that period. Looking for advice on how to manage this so I don’t miss it and get a judgement without a chance to fight it. Can I inform the parking company and solicitors to send all mail between xxx dates to a separate address and get this opened and sent to me? Any other ideas? Cheers

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,800 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No.  What do you mean by a Letter of Claim? That's not a claim form.

Show us the last letter you got and tell us about the case.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,233 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    If you have a trusted UK address with someone to open your mail (a family friend or relative) you could set up royal mail redirection for 'up to 3 months' and then cancel it on your return.

If for any reason the redirection fails, and the post still ends up in your letterbox, you can at a later date demonstrate that you had taken reasonable steps to ensure your post was monitored and checked while you were away, if ever it got that far.

An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is this now three threads we have about this one Shoreham Harbour incident?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback