COVID and Travel Insurance

Options
Hi, the day or two before our trip to Poland i was bed bound with a really bad flu and was unable to get up for over 3 days. When i was able i took a COVID test and was positive. Holiday ruined i called our travel insurance company to be told that i am required to make a face to face visit with my doctor and also have them (at my own expense) provide a letter stating i am unfit to fly.
I have just paid £50 for a letter but can't get a doctors appointment for another 2 weeks, by which time i should be well again.
Is this normal and any tips please?
I have 'No Show' emails from the hotel and airline.
Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!

Comments

• katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rob3770 said:
    Hi, the day or two before our trip to Poland i was bed bound with a really bad flu and was unable to get up for over 3 days. When i was able i took a COVID test and was positive. Holiday ruined i called our travel insurance company to be told that i am required to make a face to face visit with my doctor and also have them (at my own expense) provide a letter stating i am unfit to fly.
    I have just paid £50 for a letter but can't get a doctors appointment for another 2 weeks, by which time i should be well again.
    Is this normal and any tips please?
    I have 'No Show' emails from the hotel and airline.
    You have my sympathy! I haven't been in this position yet but, throughout the peak covid period, my GP practice refused to see anyone with Covid symptoms. Even now, the request online for an appointment requires me to say that I am negative and haven't had contact with anyone with Covid! Face to face appointments are impossible for most patients.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What do the policy terms state on the subject of evidencing not being fit to fly for medical reasons?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback