IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

35th day

Options
UKPC: "If you choose to do nothing the parking charge will automatically increase AFTER 35 days from the date of this letter..." To my mind that means 35 days should elapse.
I was not driver, but keeper. Tried to pay the reduced £60 as gesture of goodwill on the 35th day on UKPC website. However amount showed that I owed £170.00 even though 35 days had not passed. Therefore sent cheque for £60 with covering letter by recorded delivery stating gesture of goodwill and fact that 35 days had not passed. No acknowledgement. Cheque not cashed. Now debt collectors letter from dcbl.

Comments

• Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bowpeep said:
    UKPC: "If you choose to do nothing the parking charge will automatically increase AFTER 35 days from the date of this letter..." To my mind that means 35 days should elapse.
    I was not driver, but keeper. Tried to pay the reduced £60 as gesture of goodwill on the 35th day on UKPC website. However amount showed that I owed £170.00 even though 35 days had not passed. Therefore sent cheque for £60 with covering letter by recorded delivery stating gesture of goodwill and fact that 35 days had not passed. No acknowledgement. Cheque not cashed. Now debt collectors letter from dcbl.
    UKPC will say that after 35 days the PCN will increase from £100 to £170. The £60 is only available for 14 days.
  • bowpeep
    bowpeep Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Full text of paragraph contained in the letter says " "If you choose to do nothing the parking charge will automatically increase AFTER 35 days from the date of this letter to £100 and the matter will be passed to our debt recovery agent, at which point you will be liable to pay an additional charge of £70 in accordance with our terms and conditions" Therefore the £60 is payable up to and including the 35th day and when the 35th day has PASSED the charge will increase to £100 plus £70. Or am I mising something here?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 March at 12:19PM
    Options
    No. I see that.  But it wasn't talking about £60 being available.  That was merely a bribe till day 14 and had long expired.  The PCN was £100 after day 15.

More concerning is trying to pay but at least they didn't cash the cheque!  Don't do that.  These are a cinch to beat.  Court defences are even easier than appeals.

But what letter is that on? if that phrase appears on a NTK then it breaches BPA CoP clause 24.4 and you should complain about that next.  Then with the BPA.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback