Natural Resource & Mining Stocks

Options
robertbanking
robertbanking Posts: 99 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 27 March at 10:30PM in Savings & investments

Hello you very wonderful, amazing and intelligent people that make up this forum. I very much hope everything is going well for you.

I know when you are looking for stocks that are profitable as investments, you generally can look at stocks with high Operating Margin and Free Cash flow initially on a screener. Then you would need to do more research into the company, looking at the Annual Reports.

I kindly wondered please if anyone knows how to evaluate a mining or natural resource company that is not profitable please? Obviously you would not be able to look for metrics such as high Operating Margin, as the company would not be profitable and how you can work out the potential profitability of some of these mining operations please? If anyone had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful it would be highly appreciated.

Lastly can i please ask if anyone knows any websites for Mining stocks, that lists stocks for instance in 2024 that could potentially have mining development projects starting with the potential for creating profits please? A bit like a calendar for exciting developments for mining stocks in the year ahead please? If anyone could kindly help with this it would mean the world to me and it would be very much appreciated.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i truly hope you generate massive success with your investing. Hope you continue to have a wonderful life. Very best wishes and enjoy your week.

Comments

• El_Torro
    El_Torro Posts: 1,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I guess that a mining operation’s profitability depends a lot on what it is mining. If the market price goes up then suddenly the figures stack up a lot better than if the market price crashes. This may have a bigger bearing on profitability than how slick the operation is. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback